You have reached the right place if you’re looking for a Kuranda mattress for your dog.
This post will be a detailed Kuranda dog bed review.
We will be looking at the pros and cons for each of the main beds.
We’ll also look into the best alternatives available in the event that the Kuranda bed is not the right fit for you.
This is the first section of the post. It is a quick review table that will provide you with basic information about each product.
We will then review each product in greater detail. Let’s get started.
- 1 What are Kuranda Beds?
- 2 Kuranda Dog Bed Reviews Of The Best Products
- 3 Here Are Some Things to Consider When Buying a Kuranda Dog Bed
- 4 How to Clean Kuranda Dog Beds
- 5 How To Choose Kuranda Beds For Dogs?
- 6 Detailed Kuranda Dog Beds Cons
- 7 How to Make Your Dog Comfortable in Bed
- 8 F.A.Q.
What are Kuranda Beds?
The original Kuranda dog bed, a patented design by Kuranda, features the following:
- It is ideal to be elevated from the ground in order to encourage airflow and therefore, has cooling properties.
- To prevent chewing, the fabric slides into the frame. They offer a 1-year warranty against chewing.
- PVC construction that can support up to 100 pounds. Kuranda’s aluminum dog bed can hold up to 250 lbs. It is the ideal choice for large, heavy breeds.
- It is easy to clean and has a breathable surface.
Let’s now translate these features into benefits.
- It cools your dog with its optimal airflow. It promotes sleep during the night which will keep your pet healthy and happy. It can help reduce stress.
- A perfect rest after intense exercise. once again thanks to the optimal airflow
- Durable thanks to the chewing-proof design. This means you won’t need to buy another bed for many years.
- Simple to clean Makes it easy to maintain your bed even when you have limited time
You now know why the Kuranda is so special. We will be focusing on the original product. We have included other beds with similar features so that you can choose the best one for your dog.
Kuranda Dog Bed Reviews Of The Best Products
The Kuranda High Strength PVC Raised Dog Beds
The Kuranda dog beds look very similar to the one above. This raised bed is made of high-strength PVC tubing, instead of aircraft-grade aluminum.
This Kuranda bed received a slightly lower rating than the previous one, but that’s because it’s not as hardy or as easy to chew.
The Kuranda High Strength
- It is cheaper than the aluminum bed and can still be used by dogs up to 100 lbs.
- Although the PVC frame is not as hardy as the aluminum bed, it’s just as strong as the aluminum.
- The Kuranda beds can be used indoors or out and is easy to clean.
- It features the same vinyl weave fabric that is used on metal-framed beds.
- The Kuranda team provides excellent customer service and a 1-year warranty. This is the Kuranda warranty’s main claim: “We guarantee the structural integrity of the dog bed frames and Cordura fabric for a period not less than one year after purchase.”
- This bed is available in six sizes: Mini, Small, Medium, and Large.
- The Kuranda dog beds come without any bedding. However, you can purchase a custom-made, fitted fleece lining (we have listed it below) or your own bedding.
- The aluminum Kuranda dog bed is recommended for large dogs that exceed 100 pounds.
- Kuranda’s aluminum bed is a better option if your dog is a strong chewer and can chew through beds.
Kuranda Extra Comfy Reversible Fleece Padding
Your Kuranda dog bed will have a soft fleece lining that is padded and comfortable.
- This cover made of reversible fleece fabric is suitable for all Kuranda raised beds. Make sure to get the correct sized cover for your bed.
- The fabric is quick to attach and easy to clean. It can be washed by hand, but it is also machine washable.
- This Kuranda bed cover is not suitable for chewing. If you are a fan of chewing soft furnishings, please don’t buy this fabric cover.
- It is manufactured in the USA, as with all Kuranda products and beds.
Kuranda Dog Bed Almond Kennel Chewproof PVC Cot Style Dog Bed
Are you tired of having to replace your dog’s bedding and then finding it is destroyed yet again? Kuranda Kennel beds are patented with a chewproof design. To reduce the risk of ingestion, the edges of the fabrics are enclosed within the frame.
The kennel bed is made with heavy-duty vinyl fabric that can withstand heavy digging and scratching. The bed has a stronger, more durable fabric that is easier to clean and includes metal corners in areas where it is chewed. Shelters and kennels can be stressful places for pets. Pets can be helped to overcome stress by providing comfort and enrichment.
The furniture-grade poly resin dog bed is beautiful and durable. It can withstand even the most active dogs. Our frame’s UV-resistant finish is resistant to repeated cleaning. It can also be cleaned with strong disinfectants, providing protection against canine distemper and parvovirus.
Kuranda Dog Bed has been tested in the most active shelters worldwide for more than 10 years. Every Kuranda bed comes with a 1-year warranty. (See the full warranty policy below).Features:
- A strong PVC frame can support up to 100 pounds. The Kuranda All Aluminum Dog Bed and Bronze Aluminum Dog Bed are great options for heavier dogs.
- Elevated/Raised orthopedic design for dogs that are comfortable indoors and out.
- It is easy to clean and will stand up to repeated cleanings.
- Our most durable fabric is Heavy Duty 40oz vinyl. This fabric is ideal for larger dogs and those who are more determined than others. Its smooth surface makes it easy to clean. It is also great for outdoor use.
- 1-year warranty
Here Are Some Things to Consider When Buying a Kuranda Dog Bed
These are some of the key features and considerations to consider when deciding if these beds are right for you and your dog.
Price, but not in the same way you might think – When it comes to dog beds, we believe that spending more money is better than spending less. The beds that are cheaper tend to be less durable. Dogs will either chew the bed or take away all support. The dog will feel uncomfortable.
What is the size and weight of the dog beds? Are they strong enough to provide a comfortable night’s rest for your pet? What are the dimensions of the outer and inner dimensions?
Is the frame and fabric chew-proof? Does your dog like to chew? You will need fabric matting and a frame that can handle chewing if your dog does. A chew-proof dog bed is one that you should consider. This usually means that aluminum dog beds will have a harder fabric option.
How simple is it to clean your dog’s bed? Dog beds can quickly become dirty, smelly and unhygienic. A bed that is easy to wash can make your life easier.
What warranty do you have? – Does the manufacturer offer any guarantee?
Is the fabric sleeping area tough enough? Can the sleeping section be used to support your dog’s joints?
Can it be used indoors or outdoors? For example, fabric such as memory foam can be easily damaged if it gets damp.
The bed is very easy to assemble. This is great for camping, visiting family and friends, and for taking the bed along with you to the beach.
Are you able to choose from a variety of colors?
How to Clean Kuranda Dog Beds
This short video shows that if you have a yard with a hosepipe it is easy to blast it clean of dirt. The PVC, aluminum frame, and fabric are all waterproof.
You can use water and a scrub brush if you don’t have access to an outside space with a pipe or you can blast the tub with a showerhead and hose to remove dirt and odors.
How To Choose Kuranda Beds For Dogs?
The best way to get a Kuranda mattress is to purchase it directly from the seller. We have included it in our top-seven choices as it has the exact design, features and benefits. To help you choose other Kuranda beds, however, we used the same features as the original product. To help you make the right choice, you will get exclusive insight from the original design.
Your dog’s size and weight will determine the ideal size bed. The vendors we listed have exact measurements so that you can select options from extra-small through extra-large. They offer the following sizes for the Kuranda bed:
- 25×18 (mini)
- 30×20 (small)
- 35×23 (medium)
- 40×25 (large)
- 44×27 (extra large)
- 50×36 (extra-extra-large)
Similar sizing is also used by market alternatives. Kuranda takes it a step further and gives you precise advice based upon your dog’s breed so that you can choose the right size. The elevation of your bed is another important aspect to consider. In the original Kuranda design, there was a 7-inch elevation. If you are looking to purchase an alternative, you should keep it between 5 and 7 inches. You must ensure your dog can enjoy the benefits of the Kuranda design by choosing the right size.
Ease Of Cleanliness
Kuranda dog beds are very easy to clean. If you need an alternative, you can search for the same factor. You will need to indicate the intended use, as some Kuranda beds can only be used indoors. Some are suitable for outdoor use, while others can be used indoors. The brand should clearly state the purpose of the dog bed as well as the materials used.
Depending on what you choose, make sure it is easy to clean in the conditions you specify. It is more difficult to clean small amounts of dirt than it is to clean large quantities of dirt.
It is important to choose the right material for your dog’s bed. Let’s talk about the surface.
- It should be breathable
- The bed should be scratch-resistant
- It should be easy to clean, and it must not keep odors.
These features are exemplified by the following materials:
- Heavy-duty vinyl
- Smooth nylon
- Cordura fabric (textured nylon).
- PVC fabric
- Textilene fabric
- Polyethylene fabric
- Teslin mesh
- Mesh fabric
These will provide your dog with all the advantages of a Kuranda-inspired design: cool, comfortable, durable, and easy to clean. The size and weight of your dog will determine the design. A PVC structure can be used for small breeds, as it can hold up to 100 lbs. For large breeds, such as Alaskan Malamutes, an aluminum structure is required. This can hold up to 250 lbs.
Detailed Kuranda Dog Beds Cons
1. Only 1-Year Warranty
Kuranda dog beds include a 1-year warranty on the frame and bedding material.
This is a good deal, but some of my favorite dog beds have a 5-year, 7-year or 10-year warranty.
For example, the dog bed has a lifetime guarantee. BuddyRest and Big Barker beds are covered by a 10-year warranty.
One year seems to be a bit short. However, inexpensive replacement parts can help to offset this problem.
2. Is It Difficult To Assemble?
Because not everyone will have difficulties, I put the question mark in there.
Although the directions are not difficult, you will need to be careful with the tight fitting of some screws.
However, some customers claimed that the pieces wouldn’t fit together.
It is more of a problem with the frame than anything else and affects only a few. It happens to even the most skilled manufacturers.
You can exchange the defective item for one with no defects.
3. Your Dog May Not Like It
This is my biggest concern as if your dog refuses to use it, then all the other pros in the world will be useless.
Kuranda’s raised dog bed is different than a traditional dog bed. Some dogs don’t like it.
Raised beds were a scourge for Maia, our girl who is no longer with us. She would not even consider memory foam beds.
It was a waste of money if she needed to do so. It was not a complete waste of money, as my cats will sleep on almost anything.
4. Not All Materials Are Chew-Resistant
This isn’t a problem, but a warning. Kuranda is very clear about which fabrics can be “chew-resistant”, and which fabrics aren’t.
It’s important to be attentive when ordering. Vinyl Weave is not covered by the chew-proof warranty.
If your dog is destructive, stick with the heavy-duty vinyl.
5. Height Is Not Adjustable
You cannot adjust the Kuranda bed’s legs. This is another thing to be aware of.
Kuranda allows you to choose different heights without additional charges. When you place an order, all you need to do is call Kuranda’s customer service.
How to Make Your Dog Comfortable in Bed
Dog owners want the best for their dogs. Dogs sleep a lot, especially older dogs.
It is a great way to give your dog a high quality of living.
- Find the right size and shape of the bed
- If possible, get an Orthopedic bed
- Hygiene and cleanliness are important
- Additional bedding is a good idea
- Pay attention to the temperature
- Always keep water close by
Find the Right Size and Shape of the Bed
There are two types of dog beds: flat and with built-in headrests or bolster cushions.
Flatbeds are ideal for dogs who love to stretch out their legs. Donut beds with bolsters all around are perfect for dogs who love to curl up in a comfy ball.
Some dogs prefer both styles of sleeping, while others like the option to have multiple beds so that their dog can choose according to its mood.
Also, the size of your dog is important. Before buying a new bed for your dog, take your time.
When reviewing dog beds for customers, we read hundreds to hundreds of reviews. Many of the complaints are about the bed’s size.
If Possible, Get an Orthopedic Bed
A dog bed with an orthopedic mattress. It supports their joints fully and keeps them off of the ground.
This is especially important for dogs who have joint or other disabilities, but it’s also good for dogs without any issues.
If you’ve ever been camping and had to wake up from a super-thin sleeping pad with stiff and achy joints after waking up, then you will know why an orthopedic mattress is so important for your dog.
Are Kuranda dog beds good?
Kuranda’s elevated dog beds provide great relief for dogs’ joints. Their weight is evenly distributed on the cot, so there are no pressure points as they would feel on the ground. The hard ground pressure doesn’t cause sore hips, elbows, and shoulders.